Friday, February 1, 2013

Lot of Tectonic Plate Movement!!! Will California Get Some Shaking, Too? Also Some Major Tornadoes!!!

This time it wasn't my phone that chimed with all the latest earthquakes that I really noticed the most. . . it was all of those Big Shakers as the result of what I am calling a Major Swarm around the Santa Cruz Islands region! This time they all filled my Inbox at my E-MAIL! So, as a result of all the turbulence that seems to be going on in the earthquake world, I thought it time to explain what I know and at least my own opinion that I think I am entitled to! Please everyone be aware that there is A LOT OF TECTONIC PLATE MOVEMENT and that practically any seismologist could tell you that it probably means California or our West Coast could just get some of the shaking due to having some sympathy for the movements at all of these other places. Where sympathy is a reference to the tectonic plates basically just bumping into each other. . . could shake California!
There have been Major Tornadoes at Adairsville, and Calhoun, Georgia and a train blown off the tracks at Scott County, Missouri. Coincidentally a typhoon blew a train off the tracks once at Southern Japan just prior to a Major Earthquake at some point in the past, I don't recall exactly which one it was, sorry. I will try to have that in an update.

Therefore, you need to know that I only recently found the Great Tornado Outbreak of 1992 preceded the Great Landers, California Earthquake AND that the whole entire Outbreak when looked at almost matches the footprint of Landers exactly! I beleive I also heard Big Bear Lake, or Big Bear City had a major shaker right in that sequence, too. So if any of you wouldn't mind going back and double checking my math, there, I think from having been doing this for almost 20 years now that you will find close to the same number of tornado strikes. . . as you will find major shakes in the Landers Event. There was also the little fact that half of Kalamazoo, Michigan was destroyed by a tornado just a week or so prior to that Great Eruption of Mt. St. Helens in 1980!!! More about both of those in coming EQ Blogs, for now everybody be prepared!!! Thank-You for Reading! EQ Guy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Was there just an earthquake near Portland Oregon? It's currently 9:42 AM on 2/1/13, and in the past 5 minutes, I felt a jolt on the house. We have had a bunch of small ones lately around here, so it seems possible. Usually I can find this info online, but can't find a reference to it now (which probably means there was, instead, an ogre slamming his large head into the wall of my basement).

katie m gibbs (altogether) at hot mail dot com and please do NOT put me on an email list! THANKS!